Our Faith Formation K-6 Program uses a whole-family, whole-child approach to build a lasting foundation for the faith of our children. This is a life-long journey that your child is about to embark upon and thus your child’s faith formation is taken seriously. We believe that the foundation of faith begins with Baptism and the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Faith is nurtured in the home and its first teachers are you the parents. Our program requires the involvement and commitment of our parents, because we know your child’s faith journey is influenced the most at home. Our catechists receive training through the diocesan catechist recognition program. All catechists are required to complete a successful background check and receive and maintain certification in “Protecting God’s Children”, a program designed to ensure that your child learns in a safe environment. If you are interested in assisting in our K-6 Faith Formation program, please review the list of volunteer opportunities on this page and then complete an online volunteer registration form to begin the process of applying to help in our Faith Formation K-6 program.
About the K-6 Faith Formation Program THE 2020-21 REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
- Promote the knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Promote a knowledge of the meaning of the Liturgy and Sacraments
- Promote moral formation in Jesus Christ
- Teach the Catholic how to pray with Christ
- Prepare the Catholic to live in the community and to participate actively in the life and mission of the Catholic Church through the parish and diocese
- To promote a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society