The Diocesan Support Appeal (DSA) was created to help provide the annual funding necessary to carry out the mission of our diocese. The ultimate goal is to “grow ever more perfectly into a community of praise, worship, and witness, and to become a leaven of service and sign of peace through love in the Piedmont and Western North Carolina.” The DSA provides funding for the ministerial arm of the diocese.
Did you know?
- The DSA provides support for more than 20 services that Catholic Charities of Charlotte offers throughout the diocese. The appeal also provides funding for the Housing Ministry, Education Ministries (providing over 30 different services), Multicultural Ministries, Eucharistic Congress, and Vocations. Some of these ministries provide services beyond the scope of individual parishes and some exist for the sole purpose of assisting parishes in their own mission to teach, evangelize and serve.
- To help support these ministries, each parish or mission has been assessed a specific amount of money. Those that surpass their assessed targets receive rebates of 100% of the amount received over their target. If a parish falls short of the target, then they must pay the shortfall from the parish operating budget.
- The DSA funds agencies and ministries that reach the poor, hungry and homeless. It also provides programs that help in the faith formation of children, families and many others. In one way or another, the agencies and ministries funded by the DSA will touch the people in the parishes and missions in the diocese.
- The DSA provides funds for Catholic Charities Diocese of Charlotte, educational, multicultural, vocational ministries, Eucharistic Congress, and the diocesan Housing Ministry. It supports 30 offices and agencies in the Diocese of Charlotte that provides over 50 programs or services in the 46 counties of western North Carolina.
- In 2018, over 16,900 households or 23% of our registered parishioners pledged. The average gift per household was approximately $370.
- The financial goal for the 2019 DSA is $6,080,000. An individual pledge may be paid in up to 10 installments, by EFT, credit card, or with a gift of stock. All pledges must be paid by the end of 2019.