Our Faith Formation Program uses the “Faith and Life” Series by Ignatius Press for Grades 1 through 6 and “Go, Seek, and Find” by St. Mary’s Press for our First Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation. Our Confirmation Preparation program for 7th and 8th Graders is “Chosen” published by Ascension Press. Please visit the respective websites for additional information and family activities, and Spanish language resources. Our catechists receive training through the diocesan catechist recognition program. All catechists are also required to have a background check and attend a 3 hour “Protecting God’s Children” Workshop. Those interested in sharing the faith with children are encouraged to inquire about being a catechist.
Goals of Faith Formation (source: Diocese of Charlotte)
- Promote the knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Promote a knowledge of the meaning of the Liturgy and Sacraments
- Promote moral formation in Jesus Christ
- Teach the Catholic how to pray with Christ
- Prepare the Catholic to live in the community and to participate actively in the life and mission of the Catholic Church through the parish and diocese
- To promote a missionary spirit that prepares the faithful to be present as Christians in society
The tuition for each child/youth is $65.00 for the year. Please plan to pay your tuition at the time of registration. No child is ever refused the opportunity to participate in St. Aloysius Faith Formation programs due to financial reasons. If you have a personal difficulty, please contact the Faith Formation Office. All calls are, of course, confidential. (Note: there is a $165.00 cap for families that choose to use it.)
- Classes run from September to May.
- Kindergarten to 6th grade are held on Sunday mornings from promptly 9:15 AM to 10:30 AM or Wednesday afternoons from 4:30 PM to 5:45 PM.
- Junior High Confirmation Program meets from 6:45 until 8:15 on Wednesday evenings.
Faith Formation Schedule K-6 Level Dates 2018-2019
Junior High Faith Formation Chosen Schedule 2018-2019
Children in Kindergarten through 2nd Grade need to be walked in. If you arrive before the Catechist is in the room please do not leave your child unattended. We ask that parents please be prompt in picking up their children. Our catechists are volunteers giving their time and talent to serve this ministry. It is only polite and fair that parents be prompt both coming and going.
For safety reasons we require that parents or a pre-designated adult pick up their children at the end of Faith Formation sessions for Kindergarten – 2nd grade. We ask that parents keep a close eye on their elementary school-aged children, especially in the parking lots and outside the buildings.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DIOCESE OF CHARLOTTE POLICY:
“At the end of any activity, minor children are to be released only to parents, legal guardians, or other persons designated in writing by parents or legal guardians.” NO CHILD WILL BE RELEASED TO ANYONE OTHER THAN A PARENT WITHOUT A SIGNED NOTE FROM HIS/HER PARENTS. Thank you for your cooperation.
Inclement Weather Policy
DEAR FAITH FORMATION PARENTS:
- This is a reminder that, as stated on page two in the Parent Handbook, students are only allowed 5 absences for the year.
- If there is a problem, please call Isabel Romero in the Faith Formation Office at 327-2341 as soon as possible.
- If you have misplaced the schedule given to you at the beginning of the year, please check the Sunday bulletins, or ask your child’s catechist for another copy.