CCM Food Drive
Please bring your non-perishable food items and leave them in the rolling bin under the table across from the restrooms. Food items only, please! Since many of our homeless have health problems related to the poor dietary choices available to them, CCM is trying to both educate them on eating healthier and provide healthier foods in their donations to aid in improving their health. Therefore,
- please donate healthier options, such as light, reduced sodium / no added salt, no added sugar, made with Splenda, packed in water or juice, etc.
- Suggested canned foods are peas, corn, carrots, beans, string beans, mixed vegetables, potatoes, fruit in light syrup or juice, healthy request or reduced sodium soup, tuna packed in water, chicken, tomato sauce, baked beans, beef stew, sloppy Joe, and milk.
- Suggested bagged foods are brown or wild rice; lentils, black, or pinto dried beans; and whole grain pasta.
- Suggested boxed foods are macaroni, whole grain spaghetti/pasta, mac & cheese, whole grain saltines, whole grain cereal, and non-instant oatmeal.
- Suggested bottled foods are spaghetti sauce, peanut butter, reduced sugar or light jelly, fruit spread, tomato sauce with no added sodium, light mayonnaise, ketchup, and canola or olive cooking oil.
Please give generously to your hungry brothers and sisters.
Please post this list on your refrigerator for this month.